My blog about knitting, teaching, and being a mother to two energetic young boys.

Saturday, June 2, 2007

Sensational June Socks



Hey! The socks I started March 23rd are finally finished!! My invite to post to the SAM3 KAL has expired & I've yet to receive a new invite (groan). So - these socks were finished the evening of June 1st & qualify for my June socks for the KAL.






Details:





Pattern: Elongated Corded Rib from the Sensational Knitted Socks book by Charlene Schurch

Needles: Size 3, Addi-Turbo - 2 circular needles method.

Yarn: Koigu KPPPM - slightly more than 50g per sock (needed to add a new ball when I reached the toe; I like my socks a little high). So - I have some yarn left over & am trying to figure out what I'll knit with it...

Modifications
: None

The socks feel great, however a bit loose. I think I'd knit one size down next time. The socks bunch up a bit when I wear them with my Dansko clogs (my shoe of choice - VERY comfortable, especially when you're on your feet all day teaching!).

With these socks finished, I'm inspired to finish the embossed leaves sock I started last month. First, though, I've promised Iain's friend, Taz, a pair of pink & turquoise socks for her 5th birthday. If I finish those by her birthday, those should count as a second pair for June!

Afternoon update: Do you know how difficult it is to find pink & turquoise yarn that can be used for socks? I finally settled on this: It's Lamb's Pride Superwash in "Sweeten Pink" and "Serendipity Turquoise" - I think her mom will appreciate not having to hand wash socks. I'm thinking of doing something simple - stripes of moss stitch... I guess I'll see what happens when I start.

Yeah! By the way - 9 days until the Yarn Harlot arrives in Anchorage!

Ciao

1 comment:

tiennieknits said...

Beautiful job on your socks!