My blog about knitting, teaching, and being a mother to two energetic young boys.

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Back in the U.S.

Hey! Another quick entry & sorry, no photos. We're in Escalante, UT at a small outfitter store which also happens to have food & more importantly - COFFEE!! Our campstove is on its way out, so no boiled water for coffee this morning. :-( This is why we stopped: to buy a part for the stove. Oh well....

Since our stop in Milk River, we've traveled through Montana, Wyoming, Colorado (very briefly), and now in Utah. We visited Yellowstone for a couple of days - amazing wildlife everywhere! Next we drove through the Grand Tetons & camped in the Bridger Teton Forest. Next destination - Dinosaur National Monument. Where else would you go when you are traveling with two small boys? It was HOT, HOT, HOT and sadly - the fossil quarry was closed, so we didn't get to see as many fossils as we had hoped.

We into darkness to arrive at the Goblin Valley, UT and Little Horse Canyon. Very cool! We enjoyed both this morning before the blazing sun came on in full force. The boys loved every minute of it. Wade and I decided that it'd be fun if all of our friends could travel there - the Goblins make a great area for a fun game of Hide and Seek. I'll certainly post photos later.

Speaking of photos: We've taken over 500 shots - I've spent some time in the car downloading photos & decided which ones I'll post online. We're on our way to Tuscon, via Bryce and Zion National Parks, so when I have more down time, I can upload photos. Please stay tuned.

Knitting News: I'm a few inches from completing my Jaywalker sock #1. I'm a little disappointed as it's a very tight fit. I should have used the CO for the larger size. Oh well - they could be a gift, I suppose.

Shower news - had one on Day 8 of the trip when we camped in Yellowstone. Yee Hah - what a heavenly experience!

Blog later... Ciao....

No comments: