My blog about knitting, teaching, and being a mother to two energetic young boys.

Monday, April 30, 2007

K.A.D.D.

Knitters Attention Deficit Disorder - yup, I've got it & I've got it bad. It should be apparent from the date of my last blog - uh, over 10 days ago, that other things have captured my attention & prevented me from sitting still long enough to write. What could have been s darned important? Well...

Trip to Chicago to see the Bodyworlds exhibit. Very cool! As an anatomy & physiology teacher, I find the human body such a marvelous machine! If the exhibit is near you - I highly recommend you go and see it. Lots to learn about your own body! In addition, I was in the windy city mainly to visit with my great friends Jen & Steve & their darling little girl, Maddie.

Here they are after our visit to the Shedd Aquarium.

The "Bean" located in Millenium Park - very shiny....

Our reflection in the bean...

Me, standing with the Chicago skyline in the background. Do you notice the shorts (ignore the pasty arctic white legs...) - warm enough for shorts in April!! Hot dog! - Remember - Anchorage still has snow on the ground in many parts of town...

While in Chicago, my friend Jen and I visited the yarn shop "Knitche" where I purchased more yarn (oops) & a 40 inch circular needle. Isn't Knitche such a great name for a yarn shop? I just loved it!! Go figure I had to travel 6 hours by plane to find a circular long enough to knit socks in the Magic Loop method... Of course - Jen bought some yarn & needles too... (I'm a bad influence) so I taught her how to knit socks. I'll have to get an update on how they're going - with a wee one running around, finding knitting time is tricky!!

So - my wee one is ready to get out of the bath, so I must sign off. Pix of knitting projects in progress (two more pairs of socks...) and a downtown moose coming tomorrow...

Ciao.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Chicago!?!?! I LOVE Chicago!!!! You do know that Wicked has a permanent cast in Chicago..... but I digress. I wish I had known that you were going because I found a fun little yarn store http://www.institch.qpg.com/ there last summer (and an awesome button store). I Love the Bean and Millineum Park. We are sole sistahs! So magic loop. I do that! I use 32" addi turbos. But I can get you 40 inchers right in my hood. So if you need a needle connection ... e me baby! Glad you had a great time! (BTW after I visit the kids in Anchorage ... I am flying straight to Chicago myself for a wedding reception) Parallel lives I tell ya!