From my youngest this morning: "Happy Birthday, Mom! How old are you?" When I told him, he said, "Man, you're old...". Yup - better old than dead! :0) Not over the hill, yet - but I can sure see the summit! :0)
On this day many, many, years ago:
1) Richard Nixon was President of the United States
2) Mini Skirts & Bell-bottoms were in fashion.
3) "Mama Told Me (Not To Come)" by Three Dog Night was on top of the billboard charts
4) Gasoline cost .36 per gallon (not sure in which city...)
5) According to HistoryOrb.com, in 1040 - Lady Godiva rides naked on horseback to force her husband, the Earl of Mercia, to lower taxes. Let's hear it for strong women! :0)
The following celebrities & I share the same birthday:
- Adam Hills, Australian comedian
- Gary LeVox, American singer (Rascal Flatts)
- Jason Orange, UK pop singer and dancer (Take That)
- John Simm a British actor
A new insulated garage door! Fancy windows (although the jury is out as to whether or not I should call the company and ask to have 2 more installed. What do you think? The angle of the garage frame doesn't cut of the corners as much as we thought they might, but my dad thinks adding additional windows will cause a greater gap near the brush border.) - Supposedly this new fangled garage will increase our energy efficiency (R-value of old garage door: maybe 3 - 4. R-value of new door: probably 12!) Whoot!!! The increased energy value and the fact the entire house won't shudder as the door opens & closes is exciting indeed.
Tonight's plans include a BBQ at my dear friend (BKFF - Best Knitting Friend Forever), Winston's Mom. Since the kids aren't at the age where cooking is really an option, having great friends willing to do something special is great. I'm certainly lucky!
On the knitting front, Ishbel is not yet done, but I'm ready to move into chart C. To be honest, knitting charts A & B multiple times has lost it's charm. I'm ready for something 'new'. Hopefully I'll have a FO to share soon.
Until then - happy knitting! Ciao~