My blog about knitting, teaching, and being a mother to two energetic young boys.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Yeah Buddy!


Vive Le Football! Today Team USA beat Team Spain in the Confederations Cup 2 - 0 to advance to the semifinals. DH & I are incredibly happy & of course a bit shocked that Team USA, a team that barely made it out of group 1, beat the #1 soccer team in the world! Whoot!! The 2nd goal by Clint Dempsey was via some luck (can we say SHOOT THE BALL DONOVAN!), but as I tell my team when I'm coaching - it doesn't matter how the ball gets into the net; you don't earn style points in soccer.

So - Team USA will face the winner of the Brazil/South Africa semi-final on Sunday. I think perhaps I'll invite my over-35 coed team over to cheer on Team USA & get psyched for our evening game. By the way - I've scored 2 hat tricks (6 goals total) in as many games - Whoot!!

To appease my knitting friends:

OTN:

1) Hey, Teach #2. I've finished the back & half of the left front. I began this project in early spring only for it to sit at the bottom of my knitting bag. I'm using size 8 needles which I needed for another project (see below), but alas this sweater had other ideas. I could not get one of the needle tips off to use on the other project. I guess this is a way of Hey, Teach telling me to get with the program & finish it up already.



2) February Lady Sweater. I'm not sure when I began this project, although I do know I've frogged it once to drop down a needle size & change garment sizes. I just need to finish the 3rd button hole & then begin the lace section. I was looking for some easy garter stitch as a break from the current sock project (see below), but forgot I'd switched out the needle tips for the Hey, Teach. Since Hey,Teach wasn't willing to give up the tips, FLS has to be patient for just a wee bit longer. Not like I'll be wearing the sweater any time soon.

3) Fraggle Squiggle Socks (rav link)- the May 2009 RSC installment. I've almost finished sock #1 & I'm not feeling the love. The colorway, which I love, is too busy for the lace pattern. I'd considered frogging it during our week-long road trip (more on that later), but decided against it since it was the only project I had with me. I think I'll sally forth, but it won't be a priority. I'd really love to see this knit up in a semi-solid so the lace pattern can be easily seen and appreciated. Of course, I'm not volunteering for the job.

Off-TN:

1) Cabled Wrap (rav link) - I've just decided, after ~10+inches (out of 67) that the yarn weight I'm using will not create the drape I want for this project. So.... I'm either going to use this yarn (Queensland Collection Rustic Tweed) on an Ishbel or Braided Wrap (rav link) - we'll see...

2) Another BSJ & matching booties for a dear friend. - I still have to block these & get them packed up before they are revealed here.

Lots to do during summer vacation & of course this doesn't even mention the homework (can you believe it??) I have to do for the Sock Summit.

Ciao!

1 comment:

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

I need to start on the sock summit work, too, but maybe in July...

We seem to be on the same popular track: FLS, Hey Teach, Ishbel. All good!