My blog about knitting, teaching, and being a mother to two energetic young boys.

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Swap Package Arrived!

When I awoke this morning, I was confronted with beautiful skies and 'butt-cold' (pardon...) temperatures. It was -9°F & I was in search for something to warm the day. After dropping Orion off at Junior Nordic (apparently it wasn't too cold for them!!) ski practice, running errands, procuring some yummy hot chocolate for myself & the boys, I arrived home to find a package from my Vintage Sock Pal, Cinnamonamon. Talk about the perfect thing to warm the heart!! She made me a pair of Fancy Silk Socks from Nancy Bush's book, Vintage Socks. Wow - they are beautiful & fit perfectly! Thank you sooooooooooooooo much! Care to see the other schwag?

Wow - what a great package! Let's see - some Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies - my family LOVES Girl Scout cookies. In fact, I hate to admit it, but I've just ordered 14 (that's not a typo) boxes. Hey - it's for a good cause, right? LOL Hmm... a cool box w/a teaching motif, a card that reads "Knitting warms my heart, I hope it warms your toes!" How perfect to receive this on such a frigid day. A skein of Peace Fleece yarn (do I see another hat, or a pair of mittens in my future?), a book she recommends, yummy coffee-infused chocolate, a retractable measuring tape, fragrant candles (I definitely see a warm bath in my future!), nifty gift tags for my hand knits, tattoos for the boys (I assume :0) ) & a sock project bag & stitch markers - that she made herself!! WOW - I certainly have been spoiled. Thank you sooooooo much - you are a fantastic pal!

Here's a close up of the stitch markers...

I love them & think I'll need to start another pair of socks today so I can put them to use.

Again - Wow! Many, many, many thanks! My heart & toes are certainly warmed from your overwhelming generosity.

Happy Day to All! Ciao ~

2 comments:

Holly Jo said...

Did you know you can write off Girl Scout cookies? Buy away, I say. :)

We were a whole 4 degrees warmer on the other side of town. You're jealous.

Anonymous said...

That is a nice package. I hope you like the package I'll be sending you, also. I am enjoying figuring out what to get for each category. :)