Happy New Year! With 2008 comes so many possibilities & knitting promises. While skiing the other afternoon, Wade asked what my New Year's Resolutions were. I promptly replied "To knit something larger than a hat"
So - Here's a quick list of projects I'd like to tackle in 2008:
- Finish my Vintage Socks for the Vintage Sock Swap. I've been so preoccupied with knitting hats, that the sock has fallen way behind. I've completed the gusset on sock #1. Doesn't look like I'm going to meet the Jan. 7 deadline. So - I vow to complete & get socks in the mail (plus some forgive my lame-ness goodies) by Jan. 15th.
- Complete the "Secret of the Stole" KAL on time. Hints will be released weekly beginning January 18th. I'm looking forward to this as my first major lace project.
- Complete at least one pair of socks per month so as to receive monthly credit on the Sock-of-the-Month 5 KAL. I made 4/5 of the months in the SAM4 KAL. Holiday knitting & the end of the semester got in my way of finishing a pair of socks for December (the Vintage Sock was intended to be the December sock. *sigh*) Firestarters, Pomatomus, and something else from IKs Favorite Socks book would be great.
- As mentioned earlier, actually finish a project that is larger than a hat. So - I guess that means I should actually finish the Minimalist Cardigan. I'm also planning to finish the "Not Your Average Sweatshirt - Take Two" from The Yarn Girls Guide to Beyond the Basics.
- Going along with knit-o-lution #3, keep up with the socks from the Socks That Rock Club 2008 and The Knitter Sock of the Month.