My blog about knitting, teaching, and being a mother to two energetic young boys.

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Knit-o-lutions

Happy New Year! With 2008 comes so many possibilities & knitting promises. While skiing the other afternoon, Wade asked what my New Year's Resolutions were. I promptly replied "To knit something larger than a hat"

So - Here's a quick list of projects I'd like to tackle in 2008:

  1. Finish my Vintage Socks for the Vintage Sock Swap. I've been so preoccupied with knitting hats, that the sock has fallen way behind. I've completed the gusset on sock #1. Doesn't look like I'm going to meet the Jan. 7 deadline. So - I vow to complete & get socks in the mail (plus some forgive my lame-ness goodies) by Jan. 15th.
  2. Complete the "Secret of the Stole" KAL on time. Hints will be released weekly beginning January 18th. I'm looking forward to this as my first major lace project.
  3. Complete at least one pair of socks per month so as to receive monthly credit on the Sock-of-the-Month 5 KAL. I made 4/5 of the months in the SAM4 KAL. Holiday knitting & the end of the semester got in my way of finishing a pair of socks for December (the Vintage Sock was intended to be the December sock. *sigh*) Firestarters, Pomatomus, and something else from IKs Favorite Socks book would be great.
  4. As mentioned earlier, actually finish a project that is larger than a hat. So - I guess that means I should actually finish the Minimalist Cardigan. I'm also planning to finish the "Not Your Average Sweatshirt - Take Two" from The Yarn Girls Guide to Beyond the Basics.
  5. Going along with knit-o-lution #3, keep up with the socks from the Socks That Rock Club 2008 and The Knitter Sock of the Month.
Well - I think that's a fairly good start. Wouldn't want to put too much on the list and be overwhelmed, right? Photos of the sock an other WIP next time.

Happy New Year!!

3 comments:

tiennieknits said...

Happy New Year to you!

Holly Jo said...

You have some serious sock knitting to do, huh? Mini cardi is a good project to have for a larger than hat project - once you get focused on it you will finish in no time.

LaLa said...

It looks like you'll be busy knitting in the new year. Good luck on getting your swap socks done. I wore the ones you made for me the other day and they were perfect!