1) Do you knit, crochet or both? How long have you been doing it?
I knit, although I know how to crochet. I learned to knit when I was 10 (many, many years ago), but have picked it up again seriously for the past 5 years or so.
2) What is on your needles/hook right now?
Oh boy, Let's see - I have:
- A pair of Pomatomus Socks
- Tea Time Socks from The Knitter Sock of the Month Club
- Not Your Average Sweatshirt, Take Two from The Yarn Girls, Beyond the Basics
- Secret of the Stole ii
- Minimalist Cardigan from the Fall issue of Interweave Knits
3) What is the most frequently used tool in your knitting bag?
Besides my addi turbo needles, I use my stitch markers & measuring tape quite a bit.
4) What are your 3 favorite yarns (fiber type or brand)? What are your 3 least favorite?
- Lorna's Laces
- Regia Silk
- Cascade 220 Superwash (for hats, sweaters)
- Cotton Yarn
- Fun Fur
5) What is your favorite color?
Blue... no yellow... (ahhhhhh). JK - I really am drawn to greens and shades of burgundy.
6) If you had a 5 minute shopping spree in your LYS, how would you plan your attack?
Only 5 minutes? Oh - I'd first pick up more Cascade 220 superwash to make more hats. Then, I'd load up on sock yarn. I'd try not to get too distracted by petting all of the pretty yarns. I'd probably get some more addi turbo needles & if there was any qiviut - I'd snatch it up!
7) What is your favorite FO and why? (post a pic if you have it!)
I love my Embossed Leaves Socks I finished this summer. I can't find a photo on this computer - but I think it's in a July post archive. I love it because it was my first serious, somewhat complicated pattern for socks. I'm also enamored by the hats I knit in December from the Hat's On book. I was really pleased at how the color work turned out.
8) What are your favorite things to knit/crochet?
I love knitting socks. I'm trying to finish my first adult sized sweater.
9) Do you collect anything?
Besides yarn? I'm trying not to collect random knick-knack things. I do have a healthy supply of fun magnets related to travel, teaching, and knitting.
10) What are your five favorite things (not necessarily knitting related)?
- My family - I'm really lucky!
- My friends - again - very lucky!
- Soccer - Michael Ballack from Germany & Chelsea (EPL) is my fave player
- Traveling - I do it when I can. I've backpacked around Europe several times.
- Reading - I love Diana Gabaldon, Elizabeth George, Ken Follet. I'm currently reading the teen-vampire Twilight series.
11) Are you on Ravelry? What is your ID?
Yup - I'm ArcticKnitter
12) Do you drink tea/coffee/cocoa?
I'm totally addicted to Coffee.
13) Favorite Sweets?
14) Any allergies?
15) Do you have pets? kids?Yup - A 11.5 year old black lab named Joulee (named after the unit of energy, the Joule). A tabby cat named Raja (age unknown). I also have two darling but high energy children - 7 and 5 year old sons. I'm also a high school science teacher - so during the hours of 8:45 am and 2:00 pm - I have approximately 100 kids - gotta love em!