My blog about knitting, teaching, and being a mother to two energetic young boys.

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Alaska at It's Best

While on the cruise people wondered why an Alaskan would choose to take an Alaska cruise. I explained that it affords the opportunity for relaxation hard to get at home with 2 young boys & the chance to see parts of Alaska not accessible by the road system.

Our next 'port of call' if you will was Glacier Bay National Park. OMG - I think I'll let the photos speak for themselves. Even though I live here, I am always in awe of the majestic wonders of Alaska.




Not the best photos, I know - but take my word for it - this is a place everyone should visit. I'd love to go back & perhaps do some backpacking & just enjoy the scenery. I can see why many environmental groups are concerned with cruise ships entering the bay - I'd like to think the ship left no lasting damage.


Spectacular!

No comments: