My blog about knitting, teaching, and being a mother to two energetic young boys.

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Finally!

Finally - it's snowing! You'd figure that living in Alaska we'd be inundated with snow by now. Yeah - this year - not so much. In fact the temps have been above average for the past week (meaning above freezing) which also means - no snow. When there is no snow in November - it's dark. Dark is dreary. Dark is no fun. Winter in Alaska is no fun without snow. Snow is fun. We like snow. Okay - I'm writing like a 2nd grader now. Geez -

The topic of today's post was going to be "Where the heck is the frickin' snow?" I guess that had to change. However - I won't hold my breath - the temps could shift & then all the glorious whiteness will melt away. *Sigh*

This is the backyard. Unfortunately my little camera won't actually capture the small flakes of snow drifting to the ground. Look carefully & you can see the grass (green!) slowly disappearing under the soft snow.

So - what to do on a lazy Saturday? Should I tackle this:

(a box full of chemistry lab notebooks & papers)? Or this:

Yeah - that's what I'd choose too.

Happy Saturday ~ Ciao

3 comments:

Holly Jo said...

Good choice!

Don't talk about the snow too loud. Last time I posted about it we got smacked with the warm weather. :) I am with you though - I am sick of the dark and ready for some SNOW!

Courtney said...

Well the little bit of snow that is out there looks nice :-) I miss living in the snow :-)

tiennieknits said...

Oohhh...snow! I can't wait for snow!