My blog about knitting, teaching, and being a mother to two energetic young boys.

Sunday, July 1, 2007

We're Going to Disneyland!

Last day in Tucson. It's projected to be 110°F today - so, it's probably best for us to move on. Also - we need to give our friends Jen & Steve some time to completely unpack & get settled. They just moved down here from Chicago so Steve can begin his surgery internship. Doesn't he look very doctorly?



Let's see... yesterday was a good day. We met one of the "locals": He scared the begeezus out of me. I was looking through clean clothes & saw him nestled within the pile. Of course, I'm not used to seeing such critters, living in Alaska and all, and naturally thought it wasn't real - my boys have several rubber lizards at home. However, when the darned thing moved, well - that was enough to send me into orbit. That began the "lizard hunt" by all of the menfolk in the house. They were successful & released him into his natural habitat - the outdoors.
Boys and girls then split up for the afternoon: the boys went to the mountains while Jen and I scouted out another LYS. We found it in "Kiwi Knitting" A very nice shop & close to where Jen lives. This time - the yarn spoke to me. I ended up purchasing 6 hanks of Lorna's Laces. Would you like to take a look? Here's a cake posing with some local flora: That was fun - it's not often I'll have an opportunity to photograph my yarn with a cactus! I've already packed it into the van, so I can't remember what the colorways are. I think Jungle stripe is the green & purple. The other two names escape me.

As the title of this post suggests, we're headed toward Disneyland. We'll drive for a few hours & then probably camp somewhere near Joshua Tree. That was a favorite climbing spot for Wade & I when we were in college. It's too hot to hang out there in the heat of the day & we didn't bring climbing gear on this trip. We plan on arriving in Anaheim sometime tomorrow afternoon, pick up Wade's mom from the airport & then check into a hotel. We'll hit the park on Tuesday & Wednesday. Orion & Iain are very excited as I promised that when Iain turned 5 we'd go to Disneyland. Well - he's 5, so it's time to make good on my promise. It's the happiest place on earth - why wouldn't we want to go. (Besides the heat, hoards of people, and cost?)

I've joined the Jaywalker KAL, so I hope that will help the knitting mojo with my Flamingo Stripe jaywalker sock.

Blog soon. Ciao ~

2 comments:

Fitknitmom said...

Hi there!
It sounds like your trip is going great. Your jaywalker project scares me. I tend to be more of a safe zone kinda knitter. Say hello to Mickey for us!

Anonymous said...

Hey, glad to hear you're feeling better! I found a store in Oregon - Angelika's Yarn Store - who has A LOT of the Lorna's Laces colorways. I almost bought the Jungle Stripe ( I was thinking of Wendi), but instead I bought Flamingo Stripe (making short socks for Joanne), Baltic Sea (socks for my dad), Crazy Stripe (socks for my mom), and Motherlode. I bought a different weight in the Motherlode - lion & lamb - not for socks, I'm thinking of this lace scarf pattern I have. The stash just keeps growing, and growing, and growing!! I'm going to wait and see how these socks go...then I may HAVE to buy some more yarn. Well, enjoy Disneyland! My favorite ride was Pirates - but I'm not much of a ride person. If you see Donald Duck give him a hug from me. :-)