My blog about knitting, teaching, and being a mother to two energetic young boys.

Monday, May 28, 2007

Sensational May Socks



Hooray - my first socks for the Sock A Month 3 KAL and Sensational Knitted Socks KAL are finished! They are for Iain's 5th birthday - however finished a few days late. These socks were finshed while on our Memorial Day camping trip. I finished them in front of the fire while hanging out in Anchor Point, Alaska. He was so excited to have them finally finished. He wore them for 3 days which turned out fine since the weather was anything but summerlike. I finally convinced him to change into a clean pair.




Details: Size 2 Addi Turbo Circulars; Magic Loop Method

Pattern: Waffle Rib II from the Sensational Knitted Socks book by Charlene Schurch

Yarn: Steinback Wolle Strapaz Superwash - 50+ grams for the pair

Modifications: None, although, I don't particularly care for the ridge created at the heel flap from ending the pattern with two purl rows before knitting the flap. I'd like to change it up for a smoother transition in the future.

No comments: