My blog about knitting, teaching, and being a mother to two energetic young boys.

Friday, March 16, 2007

Orphans


I've been inspired! I've recently ordered "Sensational Knitted Socks", joined the SKS Blog and the SAM3 KAL. Until my book arrives (living in Alaska - arrival of packages is always a crap shoot), I've vowed to go and finish a pair of socks I started for my son when he was three. To give you an idea how long these socks have been orphaned - said son is turning 7 on Monday. I'm so ashamed....

These socks are knit on fingering weight self striping yarn. Of course - because it's been sooooo long since this sock has seen the light of day, I've lost the yarn band, so couldn't even begin to tell you the brand, dye lot, etc. I am using Ann Norling Basic Baby & Kid Socks - very simple. Now the question is - how long will it take me to finish the other sock? Hmmmm....

Ciao.

2 comments:

Mags said...

Heath,

I have the sensational socks book - got it at the yarn branch many, many moons ago. When I took the socks class. I tried to use the button for the sock of the month kal and it wouldn't work...don't know why. Wendi's socks are looking wild and wonderful - I just hope she'll think so! I had to sign up with this service so I could post this comment on your page, the sacrifices I make to support you in your addiction! :0) I've put the work action hat on the back burner, I'm much more interested in socks now. Catch ya later!

Sandy said...

Knit On Ms. Heather! I also have a sock on the needles waiting for a heel. This sock has only been on it's respective needle since the middle of February (2007) so there is hope. Hopefully I will be wearing these socks, along with my twisted float shrug when I come up this summer to meet you (and visit Margaret & Dave). Til then keep blogging & keep knitting (maybe you could finish that strike hat of Margaret's.