My blog about knitting, teaching, and being a mother to two energetic young boys.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Home Again....

...Home Again, Jiggity-Jig
Went To The Market
To Buy A Fat Pig.
Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity-Jog
Went To the Market
To Buy A Fat Hog.


I remember my Mom saying this rhyme and now my boys & I always say it when we return home from school, shopping, etc. I say the Home, Again, Home Again & Went to the Market stanzas, and they continue the rest. It's kind of corny, but fun...

Yes - we're home. We arrived safely back in Anchorage, Thursday evening on August 7th. My poor friends thought perhaps I was kidnapped in Wisconsin since I haven't posted (gasp) in over a month now - shame on me. When we first arrived home I was just so happy to be in my own space, that sitting down to compose a blog entry and hope the words would be logical was just too much to ask. So - I just kept putting it off.

and off...

Until now, when I've received my 2nd wind, the day our students returned to school. How crazy is that - I'm dog tired from teaching all day (well, almost all day - I teach an 80% schedule which means I get to arrive at school at a reasonable 8:45ish rather than the insane 7:00am time) and I summon the energy to sit & blog. But of course - the batteries in the camera are dead & I can't seem to locate any fresh ones.

Ahh - the best laid plans.

So - I leave you dear reader(s)?? with assurance that we are safely home after logging 13, 237 miles over 10 weeks. I even have a couple of F.O.s to share with you in my next entry & will try to wrap up the last month as concisely as possible.

Until then (whenever I can find fresh batteries)...

Ciao!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Glad you are home, I am sure you had fun :-)