My blog about knitting, teaching, and being a mother to two energetic young boys.

Monday, August 13, 2007

Monkey Sock Swap Questionnaire

The basics:
Do you consider yourself a beginning sock knitter, an intermediate, or have you been doing this so long you could probably knit a pair in your sleep?

I'd consider myself an intermediate knitter. I've been on a sock jag all summer.

The measurements:

Shoe Size: 8 - 81/2, depending on the shoe. I'm a 38 (European size)
Foot circumference: 9 1/4" (24 cm)

Foot length: 9 1/2" (25 cm)

Yarn Preferences:
What colors do you love? Pretty much all colors - I like to have fun.

Do you prefer solids or variegated? Either :0)

Do you prefer wool, cotton or acrylic yarn? Superwash wool or wool blend for socks.

What colors would you never wear? Perhaps bright yellow?

What are your favorite brands of yarn? Koigu KPPPM, Regia Silk, Lornas Laces

Are there any new brands you would like to try? Any good yarn - I've yet to knit with STR, I have some in my stash & will try it soon. I've read alot about Trekking and Knit Picks Essentials. I'm open to anything.


Cookie A. Patterns:
Which of her patterns have you already knit? Monkey Sock - great pattern!

Which pattern(s) would you like to knit and don’t already own? Any are fine - I like surprises.

Other pertinent information:
Would you be willing to have an international Monkey Pal or do you prefer one in the
US? Either - I love to travel so an international Monkey Pal would be fabulous.

Do you have any allergies? Nope

Will your knitting be exposed to smoke or animals? Yup - a dog & a cat. No smoke :0).

Are you on Ravelry yet? If you don’t mind having new friends, what is your Ravelry name? Not yet - I'm still waiting for my invite.

Don't forget - sign ups for Monkey Sock Swap 3 are only open until August 31st. Go here to get signed up!!

No comments: