We're hitting the road again for the summer of 2010. Hubby and I figured we bought our 2003 Eurovan for the specific purpose of being able to travel the wide open road to our hearts content. You'll remember in 2007 we embarked on our first journey to the west coast & several National Parks. Then in 2008 we launched a more ambitious trip traveling to Wisconsin and covering almost 14,000 miles.
This year we're trying to outdo ourselves by driving all of the way to Washington D.C. Should prove to have loads of fun along the way. Anticipated highlights of our journey:
1) Camping throughout Canada with stops at Liard Hot Springs, Banff, and Jasper
2) Wisconsin to visit Orion's godparents & our dear friends Jen & Steve plus their two young daughters.
3) Washington D.C. My sister and her family live about 30 miles south of D.C., so we'll use that as a home base for the time we're visiting D.C.
4) A drive north to visit my fabulous aunt in New Jersey
5) A quick stop in PA to see a friend
6) Return to Wisconsin so Wade can attend RUSH concert #1 (of 3!!) on July 3rd.
7) Drive west to California w/unplanned stops along the way
8) Trip to Toronto July 15 - 19th to celebrate my 40th & for Wade to attend RUSH concert #2 with his brother. (fly in and out of SFO)
9) Return trip home with stops in Oregon and Washington.
10) Listening to the 2010 World Cup when we can't watch the matches using Sirius Satellite radio.
Of course - I'll share our journey along the way. I'm looking for some sort of off-line blogging software (suggestions?) so I can easily keep updated with our adventures & then post when we have internet access.
My blog about knitting, teaching, and being a mother to two energetic young boys.