My blog about knitting, teaching, and being a mother to two energetic young boys.

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Happy Birthday!!


Happy, Happy Birthday to my BKFF!!

"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
- Anais Nin

I just thought I'd take some time to wish my dear friend a very, happy birthday. I'm sorry that I won't be there to celebrate your special day with you in person, but rest assured I'll be thinking of you as we travel north.

For her special day, I thought I'd share some photos of my special friend. Some are a few years old, but it's what I could find at the time. How embarrassing is it that I have more photos of yarn than of my BKFF? :0)

"What is a friend? A single soul in two bodies."
- Aristotle
(Our soul just happens to love cupcakes)

Treat your friends as you do your pictures, and place them in their best light. Jennie Jerome Churchill 1854-1921, Anglo-American Mother of Winston Churchill
(get it? It's the closest "friendship" quote I could find associated with Winston Churchill...)

My BKFF hob-nobs with the knitting elite!

My BKFF is not ashamed to knit in public nor wear slightly too large head gear.

"See you and me have a better time than most can dream of, better than the best, so we can pull on through, whatever tears at us, whatever holds us down, and if nothing can be done, we'll make the best of what's around."
-Dave Matthews Band

Happy Birthday Dear Friend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Thank You, THANK YOU!! I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful BKFF!! I love all the quotes - you did really good at finding one that is close to Winston Churchill - and it's a really good quote too! The pictures are fun too - some are pretty old, but that's ok, it makes me look younger! I'm glad you put one in that has the both of us though! Can't wait to see you guys!

Brad Fallon said...

I love your photos, nice post, keep it up!